National Australia Bank
Industry + region
- Consulting + Strategy + Architecture
- Platform + Software Engineering
- Risk + Compliance + Security
Supporting the transformation of a monolithic banking platform
As one of the four largest financial institutions in Australia, NAB employs over 32,000 people and supports more than 8.5 million customers, in Australia and overseas across: personal accounts, small, medium and large businesses, private clients, government and institutional activities.
NAB recognised their core banking platform no longer met their business needs, was adversely affecting their cost of operations and delivering a poor customer experience.
Their loan application process was slow and time-consuming and the existing technology was outdated, rigid and unable to adapt to rapidly changing business and customer landscapes.
Crystal Delta supplied a specialist delivery team to work alongside NAB’s internal development teams. The Crystal Delta team members were chosen for their expertise in core banking platform engineering, loan origination platform development and micro-services architecture.
Together we have:
- Designed and developed a modern, responsive front-end banker experience backed by micro-services deployed in a multi-cloud environment
- Leveraged Agile methodologies and adopted a ‘Build to run’ way of working using lean management and DevOps principles
- Completed a re-architecture of a loan origination and credit decisioning platform for lending products across both business and retail customers
Merging fast, flexible ‘start-up’ practices and due diligence with a big enterprise structure, has had positive impact at NAB and has led to transformative work that will continue to affect both NAB and the banking industry.
Side-by-side we were successfully able to strengthen modern banking engineering practices and capabilities.
- The enhanced user experience has resulted in an uplift in Loan Origination processes: Common pricing engine and Family Tree capabilities
- Automated straight through pricing change – from customer through to ledger – for multiple products
- Digitised documentation which streamlined the settlement process
- Significantly reduced application processing and approval processes