- Platform + Software Engineering
- Cloud + Infrastructure Optimisation
- SoaringEd: Xen.Ed DLP and Crane Migrate
Created a scalable and well-architected Digital Learning Platform
RMIT Online helps learners upskill and reskill through online short courses and degrees.
RMIT Online contacted Crystal Delta in order to extend their traditional face-to-face learning capabilities to online courses using an internally operated end-to-end Digital Learning Platform (DLP). This platform needed to include enrolment, payment, Learning Management System (LMS), student management, assessment and accreditation.
The traditional course material needed to be migrated to the online LMS and be presented with dynamic and interactive instructional design at its core.
Finally, the platform needed to be integrated with the Student Management System (SMS) and aligned with RMIT’s broader cloud and services-first ICT strategy and governance policies.
When RMIT Online approached Crystal Delta in 2017 they were looking for a way to rapidly scale and deliver a new online short course platform for Apple .
The strategic engagement encompassed developing a single end-to-end digital learning platform that delivered a seamless experience for students, course facilitators and administrative staff using the best learning management technology. The Crystal Delta team members were chosen for their expertise in platform delivery, cloud optimisation and DevOps to ensure scalability, flexibility and stability to respond to learner demand.
- Delivered a headless digital learning platform solution and supported the university’s growth in the emerging online learning market. The solution was scalable across the university, inexpensive, reliable, easy to use for students and educators, had the ability to take payments and integrate with other university systems.
- Leveraged Agile methodologies and adopted a ‘Build to run’ way of working using lean management and DevOps principles.
- Additional revenue streams with a greater international market reach
- An enhanced learner experience which increased learner satisfaction and success
- A significant reduction in cost and time to deploy the DLP (six weeks)
- 99.9% availability since implementation in 2017
- The international Swift developer course, a collaboration between Apple and RMIT in the APAC region, was released on the Xen.Ed DLP
“As true innovators, Crystal Delta focuses on delivering quality outcomes to market, fast. The results have been exceptional and have been pivotal to RMIT Online’s speed-to-market strategy.”