Platform + Software Engineering
Platform + Software Engineering
Quality, scalable business-critical technology systems delivered in partnership, to specification, on time and on budget.
We believe that software engineering is about more than just writing code. Great software platforms are not built by individuals but by teams of highly skilled developers who listen, adapt and work together to create innovative solutions.
“Crystal Delta engineers excel in core software engineering practices, across the end-to-end application, infrastructure and operations stacks. This allows secure, robust solutions to be delivered which solve complex business problems that are built to last and scale as your business demands.”
David Mackenzie – Crystal Delta’s Chief Technology Officer
We cater to each client’s specific requirements, which are guided by our personalised Human User Centered Design methodology, which is based on data-driven decisions.
A holistic approach
We combine technical expertise with a deep understanding of business processes to create solutions and platforms that drive results.
Whether it’s developing custom platforms from scratch or leveraging the latest technologies, our team is constantly exploring new ideas.
A competitive edge
With a focus on quality, agility, and collaboration, we are committed to helping our clients achieve their goals and stay ahead of the competition.
Our built-to-run approach
Our platform strategy approach is unique. When devising a solution, we ensure that it functions as per specification and considers how it will operate in its environment. Considering High Availability and Operations during the build phase, ensuring minimum service disruption as your business scales. This involves:
1. Software Development practices that ensure high-quality code, such as Test First Development, SOLID principles and DRY
2. Well-Architected Solutions that are robust, secure and scale
3. Continuous Delivery practices with small incremental changes deployed only after passing a rigorous automated test harness
4. Operational tooling such as Centralised Logging; Backup & Restore capability; Monitoring & Alerting; and Application & Performance Monitoring (APM) ensure high visibility into service health and rapid, proactive responses to any anomalies
Our capabilities and expertise
Our delivery strategy is unique. We take our clients on a journey of discovery using our unique Human Centered Design (HCD) methodology, which includes prototyping and continual adaptation to guarantee that the business result is always reached.
We help you design and build custom platform solutions that meet your specific business needs.
We see prototyping as integral part of our UX design process. Our standard UX practice includes using end-to-end design platforms Figma and Adobe XD.
We leverage data to inform our development decisions, resulting in platforms that are responsive and deliver valuable insights.
We prioritise the security of our clients’ data, implementing robust security measures to protect against cyber threats.
Our platforms are designed to evolve with the needs of our clients, ensuring that they can adapt to changing business requirements.
Our platforms are designed to be flexible to meet the specific needs of each client.
We prioritise the user experience and create platforms that are intuitive, easy to use, and visually appealing.
Our platforms are designed to integrate with existing systems, streamlining processes and improving efficiency.
Our experience within complex environments
Platform and API integrations
- AML/KYC: Rapid ID, Digital ID, FrankieOne
- Transaction history: Basiq, Illion / Proviso, bankstatements.com
- Broker submission: NextGen, Simpology, Lendi using LIXI CAL and CAD standards
- Title Search: Dye and Durham, SAI Global
- Credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian
- Credit history: CRDH / CCR
- Property valuations: Core Logic
- Settlement: PEXA
- Payments: SWIFT, Stripe
- Document signing: DocuSign
- Web Content Management System
- Educational course builder
- Learning Management Systems (LMS): Canvas / Blackboard / D2L Brightspace / Moodle / Sakai
- SIS: StudentOne
- Security: SSO / Identity integration
- Salesforce integration
- Adobe EM integration
- Consultations / Electronic Health Record
- Prescriptions / eScripts
- Order management
- Ecommerce systems
Entertainment and streaming
- 20+ million users in over 30 countries
- Developed custom telecommunication integration across multiple countries
- Developed custom payment integrations across multiple countries
- Custom CDN rolled out to multiple regions in partnership with telecommunications companies
Our cloud technology capabilities
- Storage: S3, Glacier, Snowball, EFS
- Database: RDS, Postgres, Mysql, MSSQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, DocumentDB / Mongo
- Compute: Lambda, ECS Fargate, EC2
- Containers: ECR, ECS, EKS
- Developer Tools: AppConfig, CodeBuild, CodeArtifact, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, X-Ray
- Networking & Content Delivery: CloudFront, API Gateway, Route53, ALB, ELB, VPC, VPC Peering, Transit Gateway, Internet Gateway, NAT Gateway, App Mesh, Direct Connect
- Front-end Web & Mobile: Amplify, AppSync
- Machine Learning: Lex, Polly, Rekognition, SageMaker, Textract, Transcribe
- Management & Governance: Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, Control Tower, Organisations, Resource Explorer, Systems Manager, Truster Advisor, Well-Architected Tool
- Security, Identity & Compliance: Certificate Manager, Cognito, Firewall Manager, GuardDuty, IAM, KMS, Macie, Secrets Manager, WAF & Shield
- Application Integration: Airflow, MQ, SNS, SQS, Step Functions
- Events: Kinesis, SNS, SQS
- Analytics: Athena, EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Lake Formation, Redshift
- Support: AWS Support
- Business Applications: Chime, Connect, Pinpoint, SES, WorkDocs, WorkMail
- End User Computing: WorkSpaces
- Billing & Cost Management: Cost Profiler, Budgets, Cost Explorer, Cloudability
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
Our software development methodologies
Scrum or SaFE
Feature Driven Development (FDD)
Test Driven Development (TDD)
Iterative and Incremental Development
Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
Jobs to be done
Our platform architectures and design patterns
SPA / PWA
No / Low Code Solutions
Security and Privacy
Data Intensive Applications
Our technology partners
We work with a range of clients from a range of industries and regions. We pride ourselves on respectfully and positively influencing the diverse social and economic needs of the regions where we and our clients operate.
Each technology practice is an amalgamation of specialised core capabilities, governed by standards-based frameworks to ensure transparency, and consistently successful delivery of our digital solutions.
Risk + Compliance + Security
Confidence in the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information and technology systems through strongly governed engineering standards and techniques. Learn more